Friday, December 10, 2021

An Introduction to the Mission Running Toolbox

 Hello and welcome to my new EVE Online Blog, the Mission Running Toolbox!

As should be obvious from its name, the posts on this blog will concern themselves with all things concerning Level 4 Security mission in Highsec, from fittings to mission reports to general tips and tricks. It is also meant to be of use for mission runners of any experience level, from those having just gotten their first T1 battleship to those seeking to push their Burner income to the max. To aid in this endeavour, the posts in this blog will always fall under one of those three labels:

General posts contain information of use to anyone.
Beginner posts are aimed at those who have just started running L4s.
Veteran posts will concern themselves with mission running at the highest level.

The first major "series" so to speak will start in a few weeks, as we follow an Amarrian pilot from his first battleship into becoming a high-level mission runner. Along the way we will cover the various missions offered on the Amarr-Caldari side, as well as cover the general steps one has to take to go from novice to expert. The Gallente-Minmatar missions will be covered later next year. Oh and be forewarned: I am already planning a multi-part series on how to chose a good system to run missions in. Brace yourselves for a lesson in EVE Online geography.

To close this post out, let me answer some question you might have:

Q: Why should I trust your advice? How many missions have you even run?
A: According to my activity tracker I have run 5052 L4 security missions since I've returned from a long hiatus (5-ish years) in January 2021.

Q: How long have you been playing the game?
A: My first account was created in Summer 2008, my current main was created in late 2009, but due to long pauses I have only six to seven years of actual playtime.

Q: Why start this blog at all?
A: Because there is currently no place where the knowledge base of the mission running community is centrally gathered.

Q: Why start as an Amarr?
A: Because in my opinion Amarr are the hardest race to get started as a L4 runner. No easymode like Cruise Raven or Sentry Domi here. And no, I won't be using the Armageddon either. Amarr Victor

Q: What about nullsec missions?
A:
I have no experience with running missions in nullsec. Pirate burner pilots live in their own world that only bears the faintest resemblance to highsec mission running. Same thing goes for L5s.

No comments:

Post a Comment